Thursday, May 28, 2009

Post-Partum things that SUCK!!!

I love being pregnant, I love having babies - even birth is okay, but there are several things about the post-partum period that SUCK:

1) hair loss - I have very thick, waist-length hair, so when it starts falling out after all the lovely preggo hormones leave I loose alot of hair. I swear it looks like I am sacrificing little auburn guinea pigs in my trash can.

2) sleep deprivation I can handle with aplomb, but this stinking insomnia is a different story.

3) weight gain - yes, I am one of those rare weird people who loose weight when pregnant and put tons on when I nurse.

4) deciding when to blame said weight gain on the baby and own up to the fact that maybe I am just a little more chubby than usual lately.

That's all for now.

1 comments:

LesleyH said...

Jen,

I hate postpartum insomnia! I'm sorry you're dealing with that:( For me, a calcium/magnesium supplement helped so much with that. Many women are magnesium deficient and it can wreak havoc on your sleep health. Hope you find something that helps you. ((Hugs)). Miss you.

Lesley